As discussed earlier, CSFH is an initiative of FOIL and is famous for the attacks on the Indian American charity, India Development and Relief Fund (IDRF) as well as the American youth organization Hindu Students Council (HSC). FAQs on CSFH’s website describe it as a diverse group of people of Indian origin living and working in India and the United States. However, the information below shows that this is another smokescreen attempt of FOIL and the CAG to deceive the regulators, media and the general public. In fact, FOIL used the CSFH campaign to successfully deceive large corporations like Cisco and IBM to pull out their support for IDRF and dupe some college students in believing that HSC is an extremist organization.
- On August 12, 2005, Biju Mathew, co-founder of FOIL, openly declared that CSFH “was an initiative of the FOIL group”during an interview with Yoginder Sikand.
- The CSFH spokespersons include Biju Mathew, Angana Chatterji, Shalini Gera, Vinay Lal, Balmurli Natrajan, Ra Ravishankar, Ashwini Rao, Raja Swamy, Ali Mir, and Samip Mallick. All of them are FOIL members.
- In addition, as shown in the illustrations below:
- CSFH’s website is registered to Ravi (Ra) Ravishankar’s email address.
- CSFH’s website is hosted by EKTA, another FOIL affiliate discussed in Chapter 10, which itself is registered to the organization FOSA, another affiliate of FOIL.
- As shown below, CSFH, EKTA, Organizing Youth! and FOSA had the same addresses in Stanford, CA.
CSFH claims: “We are bound by one common goal: an India without hatred, where people are not persecuted because of their faith or political beliefs.” Yet, its campaigns were targeted only at cultivating hatred for and misinformation about Hindus and Hinduism. This is illustrated by the views, writings and political leanings of the organization’s members in the preceding chapters.
 http://stopfundinghate.org/faq.html. Accessed January 25, 2014
 Yoginder Sikand and Biju Mathew, “Stop Funding Hate”, August 12, 2005, http://www.countercurrents.org/comm-mathew120805.htm. See Question #3 “How did the Campaign to Stop Funding Hate Start”. Accessed January 25, 2014
 See the following Press Release on CSFH’s website listing Shalini Gera, Angana Chatterji and Ali Mir as CSFH spokespersons: http://stopfundinghate.org/resources/news/121302SFHPressRelease.htm. In addition, the “About the Authors” section on the website of the April 2005 Edition of FOIL’s mouthpiece Ghadar lists Biju Mathew, Raja Swamy and Ra Ravishankar as members of CSFH: http://ghadar.insaf.net/April2005/MainPages/authors.htm. Finally, Vinay Lal is listed as a spokesperson for CSFH in this the following Press release http://stopfundinghate.org/resources/news/011003IndiaWest.htm while Ashwini Rao and Samip Mallick are listed as CSFH spokespersons in the following May 26, 2007 Press release http://hsctruthout.stopfundinghate.org/PRs/pr_Question1.html. Accessed January 25, 2014
 http://stopfundinghate.org/faq.html. Accessed January 26, 2014