This page provides important information regarding the interconnections between various Radical Indian Leftist groups in the United States and Canada. The “mother ship” of the Radical Indian Leftists is known as the Forum of Inquilabi Leftists (FOIL) and has spawned several groups and organizations that work hand-in-glove with other members of the nexus to demonize Hinduism and India.
Key members of FOIL such as Angana Chatterji, Biju Mathew, Shalini Gera, Ravi (Ra) Ravishankar, Raja Harish Swamy, Balmurli Natrajan and Ashwini Rao and are prominent coordinators and spokespersons for CAG. Mathew is also a co-founder of FOIL. As illustrated here, FOIL and its members follow a radical left wing Marxist/Communist ideology that supports violent Maoist revolutionary movements in India. In addition, FOIL and its members are known for their disparaging views of Hinduism and India.
The diagram and the table below illustrate how FOIL’s and CAG’s false propaganda works. FOIL and CAG list the below organizations as separate, independent and broad-based, when in fact they are all run, supported or funded by FOIL and their members.
- For example, CAG lists the following organizations as separate entities: Campaign to Stop Funding Hate (CSFH), Youth Solidarity Summer (YSS), Organizing Youth! (OY), International South Asia Forum (INSAF), Alliance of South Asians Taking Action (ASATA), Association of South Asian Progressives (ASAP), EKTA, Coalition Against Communalism (CAC), Friends of South Asia (FOSA), South Asian Collective (SAC), Alliance for a Secular and Democratic South Asia (ASDSA) and South Asian Magazine for Action and Reflection (SAMAR). However, CSFH, YSS, OY and FOSA are also registered to FOSA as per the site registration information on WhoIs.Net. Similarly, EKTA hosts the websites of YSS, OY, EKTA, CAC and FOSA. And, EKTA’s main website was also registered to Ramkumar Sridharan of FOSA. Further, the websites of FOIL and INSAF are registered to Rajasekhar Ramakrishnan, an old-time FOIL member.
- The writeup on ASDSA shows that it is interconnected to FOIL through its stalwart Abha Sur, who is also the Vice President of SINGH Foundation (the fundraising arm of FOIL).
- The writeup on ASATA shows that it is a new incarnation of YSS and OY to attract youth in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- The write up on ASAP shows that it is a defunct organization that was affiliated with Biju Mathew.
- The following section provides evidence that YSS and OY are essentially youth wings of FOIL. The writeup also provides illustrates a list of prominent members of YSS based on the YSS Workbook, along with some of the organizations that they are part of, or have started.
- The section on SAC demonstrates that it is also a defunct organization that was affiliated with Ravi (Ra) Ravishankar during his student days at the University of Illinois at Urbana Champagne.
- The section on SAMAR Magazine features writings and contributions from prominent members of FOIL and its affiliates. In addition, some FOIL members sit on SAMAR’s editorial board.
- The section on CSFH illustrates that it is yet another coalition formed by FOIL members, including Angana Chatterji, Biju Mathew, Raja Harish Swamy, Ravi (Ra) Ravishankar, Ashwini Rao, Shalini Gera and Balmurli Natrajan, among others.
FOIL’s Network in Cyberspace – A Bird’s Eye View
Site Registration Information for FOIL and its Affiliates
Youth Solidarity Summer (YSS) and their CAG Affiliations
Youth Solidarity Summer (YSS) is the youth wing of FOIL as discussed here. The Table below summarizes key members and alumni of YSS and some of their affiliations with members of other Radical Leftist groups as well as members of the Coalition Against Genocide (CAG). The information below illustrates how many of these Radical Leftists spread their though leadership by creating or taking leadership in various groups and organizations
|YSS Member||Group Affiliation|
|Ai Mir (Ali Hussain Mir)||FOIL, SAMAR|
|Ashwini Rao||FOIL, CSFH, INSAF, CAG|
|Biju Mathew||FOIL, CSFH, CAG|
|Rahul De||FOIL, SAMAR|
|Raza Mir (Mir Ali Raza)||FOIL, INSAF, SAMAR|
|Saba Waheed||FOIL, SAMAR|
|Vijay Prashad||FOIL, CSFH, CAG|
 As of 2013, the registration has been changed to Raj Barot of EKTA. However, the following web Cache Link from Google shows the site was registered to Ramkumar Sridharan and Friends of South Asia. http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Ul2cTS5Ly2YJ:dawhois.com/domain/ektaonline.org.html+&cd=8&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us. Accessed November 27, 2013